Monday, September 12, 2011

Neptune in Aquarius for Aquarians


As you can see the blog is currently untitled. I'm not that clever or minimalist, no. I just realized I had some thing's to write before I was ready to name this thing or get it started. I went totally manic obsessive and scrambled to choose background and layout and all that nonsense and I could not for the life of me come up with a name for this thing. The whole "creating an image"thing can be sort of overwhelming. (And may change every month or so for up to a year. Maybe even longer.) So far I've treated the look of it sort of as if it's my living room, although I can't seem to find a way to represent a really gorgeous tufted leather sofa or potted plants or a cage with a pair of lovebirds. Not that I have the leather sofa or the lovebirds, but a girl can dream.
Anyway, this brings me to the next part. This all came to me because I've been trying to understand and/or explain the phenomenon of Neptune in Aquarius on Aquarians. Because I'm an Aquarian.
A little background? Neptune moved into Aquarius in 1998 for a 13 year transit. It moved out for the first time in April 2011 and has recently returned for a final six months before it leaves for good in February. In that time I've learned a number of things about Neptune and have probably forgotten most of them. Information just doesn't always stick when there's so much of it and one thing seems to replace the other unless you're reminded of it over and over. So I've learned a lot of different things about what Neptune does. It creates a fogginess that can create confusion, illusion and delusion. It can heighten your sensitivity. Provide you with wild dreams and psychic experiences. It is also referred to as the higher octave of Venus. It's a destroyer in that it's said to dissolve "things". (How to explain?...) Like an ocean of fog blanketing everything (which can be really difficult because it's blinding), causing a lot of confusion and that once the fog clears it's broken down all the crap, washed away the rubble, and left only the 'gems'. So throw that into your sun sign and tell me you're not bonkers.
I counted down to the day it would go. Seemed endless and I thought that at the end maybe there would be this huge revelation. As if the day after it left everything would suddenly be different. But that's not the way astrology works. It's not magic, it's just the influence of nature growing us all. We're like the universe's flower garden being watered and fed and pruned and attacked by aphids and protected by ladybugs and on and on. (Anyone who gardens knows it's a whole freaking world of it's own with just as many complications.)
When Neptune finally did leave Aquarius earlier this year I honestly didn't feel like I noticed anything for a while. The times when I did I would find that it was actually some other aspect I was feeling. The thing is that a long transit like that isn't something that you feel distinctly one day. It's an accumulation of a lot of experiences over all those years and I wasn't even aware of it for about the first five and even after that. Chiron transiting Aquarius more recently (for five years) was emphasized a lot too, and I spent a lot of time trying to figure that one out, as well. But I was obsessed with identifying the gems it was promised would be revealed when Neptune finally moved on. And just as I thought I was beginning to see them it happened all over again.
Last week I was absolutely off my rocker for a few days, didn't know which way was up. I still have many things swimming around my head that I can't quite focus on. So I tried to look again and find: what is the effect of Neptune in Aquarius on Aquarians? And I re-read all the stuff about Neptune in Aquarius in general -great advances in technology, blah, blah, blah.
I finally realized that what I needed to find about Neptune (at the moment) is that with Neptune in Aquarius, Aquarians will sometimes feel that they just can't see themselves clearly. And anyone who knows anything knows that when you can't see yourself clearly nothing makes any sense at all.
There are many things that I've loved about Neptune in Aquarius and many things that I've hated and overall I'm just exhausted by it all. It's a lot of work to deal with any transit that interacts with your first house or sun (my sun is actually in the 12th but Neptune is currently in my 1st) and I'll be glad when it's finally over. (I am so dreading Pluto moving in there but I've got like ten plus years to go.)

No comments:

Post a Comment